Re: ISS optical tracking

In a message dated 2/25/01 4:10:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Peter.Guelzow@arcormail.de writes:

<< They are also interested in looking at P3-D...

 http://www.iss-tracking.de/

 73s Peter >>

Hey Peter and the gang,

I too hope I'll get around to catching AO-40 in good position with favorable
lighting for photo/viewing using my 8" SCT.  I've captured many satellites in
my astrophotographic work, some even in GEO and have managed to see AO-27
with binoculars.  I think it was STARDUST that was easily captured in photos
recently during it's gravity assist flyby of earth and I don't think it's
much larger than AO-40.  Anyway, I'm glad to hear someone else is pondering
this possibility as well and might even beat me to the punch by capturing the
first photo images of AO-40 in orbit.  Best of luck and hope to some images
soon, that is if I don't produce them first...hi.

Steve - K5PK