GPS Antennas

Does anyone here know what kind of GPS antenna is used on vehicles with
built in Navigation systems?  By that I mean, is it an integral part of the
cell phone antenna, etc. or is it a seperate antenna altogether.  I have
seen some cell phone antennas with a small bulge at the base off to the
back side.  I wondered if this was the GPS antenna.  I would like to mount
an external GPS antenna but since it is on the family auto, I want it to be
as unobtrusive as possible with no external coax hanging on the car.
--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org