Re: AO-27/UO-14

Hamish,

If you know me, you will know I am among the first to urge people to move
away from the FM satellites.  However, they have their purpose and they are
not flawed.  They are just not used for the purpose they are designed for.
A butter knife won't cut steak and a steak knife isn't good for spreading
butter.  But neither is "flawed."

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/24/01 7:55 PM, Hamish Moffatt at hamish@cloud.net.au wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 07:33:07PM -0600, Jon Ogden wrote:
>> Everything Laura does smacks of contempt and arrogance!  She has her own
>> opinions and they are sometimes correct and sometimes flawed.  Yes, Laura
>> can be flawed.
>>
>> Let her rant and rave.  It's good entertainment!
>
> Just because you can make contacts on FM satellites doesn't mean
> they aren't flawed. There are plenty of flawed systems which can
> be made to work. Did you see the article in QST about the lightbulb
> antenna system? You can make contacts on it if signals are strong
> enough, but that doesn't mean it's not flawed.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na