St Lucia J6 Results

Hello AMSAT

Thanks to all who made contact with  J6/N9UUR  and J6/N9VSV
last week while we were vacationing in St. Lucia.  We had a great time.

We accomplished ALL our goals and more:

We got our J6 licenses, passed the gear through Customs properly,
and operated for the week.

DAILY reliable contact was maintained with N9WJV back home in WI.
Personal traffic was passed... "Mom We're OK! No Sunburn... yet".

ALL pre arranged SKED's were made:
(K6YK CA/ N7SFI UT / KK5DO TX / XE2AT Mexico / & Others...)

Made our first ever QSO on the SSB birds with the Arrow Portable
set up (N7SFI TOLD me it would work).

Over 100 contacts were made all together.

Also...
Our QSO with KK5DO when out live on the Houston AMSAT net.
Very Cool... and THANKS Bruce!

The Sandals resort manager asked us to be interviewed live on a
local FM Broadcast Station to talk about our "Satellite Experiment",
and Amateur Radio. Sandals was very supportive...

We got to meet two wonderful, helpful HAMs on the island of St. Lucia.

Most of our Q's were on UO-14 & AO-27.  Many Passes of FO-20 and FO-29
resulted in our simply calling CQ to ourselves. This was too bad, as given the
higher orbits of these birds, our coverage over the US was much larger than
the FM birds, and many other folk could have gotten FK94 / St. Lucia.

QSL cards are in the works...   THANKS to all who made our week!
The FM's may be crowded, but they sure are FUN!
Complete results, LOGS, and pics on the www site.

http://home.wi.rr.com/n9uur/

Next year....   ?

73 Gary & Jeananne     J6/N9UUR  &  J6/N9VSV

Gary Bargholz
http://home.wi.rr.com/n9uur/
AMSAT Area 9 Coordinator, Wisconsin
Chairman:  W.A.R. The WI Association of Repeaters
Treasurer:  M.R.C. The Milwaukee Repeater Club 146.910MHz PL 127.3
Owner:      N9UUR Repeater Milwaukee 442.425 MHz PL 127.3
                N9UUR-10 Milwaukee APRServe IGate (N9UUR.IMC.MU.EDU:23)