Re: Damaged RF Power module

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Nicolaus Sallay" <nsallay@internext.com.br>
An: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Gesendet: Samstag, 24. Februar 2001 14:54
Betreff: [amsat-bb] Damaged RF Power module

> I have been informed about the possibility to repair RF power modules.
> I have a damaged UHF power module and I'm interested to rebuild this

I cannot imagine that repair would be possible at reasonable cost.

The transistors inside have no - or very special cases,
you won't get parts for replacement with the identical data
which fits into the case and match all electrical parameters.
If the replacement needs re-adjustment: there are no trimmers etc.
in the module to adjust anything.

Be extremely careful: The modules may contain ceramic insulators
made from Beryllium Oxide. This material is very toxic!

BTW: A 30 watt transistor costs approx. 50$ and the complete module
might cost 70 or 80$. So I would not take the trouble to buy such
a expencive transistor just to try...

73! Ulf, DK9SJ