Re: CW

Right, Tony.  And while CW may not be an international requirement (I doubt
it will be for long), it will stay on the band.  Look at the other modes
that have survived: RTTY, AMTOR (although not used much but cool), and even
AM!

Nope, CW will be there because a lot of folks enjoy using it.  It's also a
mode that you don't need to worry about people using it who don't know how.
That's kinda hard to do!

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/23/01 10:58 PM, Tony Langdon at tlang@freeway.apana.org.au wrote:

> I agree, CW will have a place on the ham bands for a long time.  However, I
> also believe the exam must and will go soon.  So who will ensure the art of CW
> carries on long after the exam is scrapped?  The answer should be obvious -
> those who have the interest and proficiency can Elmer anyone who shows any
> interest in Morse.
>
> One day I'd like to be able to copy 25+ by ear.  That will happen when time
> permits (and probably long after the exam is dumped).

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na