Re: AO-27/UO-14

Hello denmorr@bellsouth.net!

20 Feb 01 21:52, you wrote to Brian P. Mileshosky:

 d> I get rather amused when I hear stations calling "QRP" or "portable"
 d> or "Handi-Talkie".  I run a 5 watt HT with an Arrow antenna, make lots
 d> of contacts on UO-14 and AO-27, and have even been accused of running
 d> high power!  The antenna is the key, not the power level.

The antenna is the biggest improvement you can make to your station.  I have
the same "problem" down here, have to be careful not to be an alligator on a
few watts, simply because more of the power is directed straight at the bird.
:)

Tony, VK3JED

.. se?