Re: School sked with the ISS

on 2/22/01 1:13 PM, Garie Halstead at k8kfj@ntelos.net wrote:

> It was reiterated that the planet Earth was not going to last
> forever and that we need to look elsewhere in the solar system
> for a place to live (and that the ISS is a step in that process).

This is true.  Global warming will eventually happen no matter what we do as
the sun will eventually grow hotter and hotter and bigger and bigger and
become a red giant.  Then if we manage to somehow evolve or survive under
those conditions it will eventually turn into a white dwarf and then a black
hole where life is likely not possible.

Let's see...that's in how many billions of years???

Do we really think the ISS is a step in that process???   :-)

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden