Re: AO-27/UO-14

>From: James Nipper <jnipper@southeast.net>
>To: laura halliday <marsgal42@hotmail.com>
>CC: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-27/UO-14
>Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:10:47 -0500
>
>Attitude has everything to do with it.  Read the recent posts of hams
>having fun with LEO  FM birds.  One cannot ignore their fun and new
>experiences.  Their enthusiasm will attact new converts.
>

>73 de Jim K4PYT

Yeap.  right on.  The kids in teh family that have gotten interested in ham
radio got interested not just by playing with our home or mobile set or with
their parents BUT by activitly particpating in setting up a station to do
"things" and if you are going to do it on the birds the way to do it is on
the LEO FM birds.

We (and their parents as the case may be) scrounged the radios, put together
the antennas figures out how to do the tracking (mostly by hand) and the
first few contacts inspired them to sort of "improve" the system.  Since my
old ML-2 got me interested in VHF repeaters I imagine that it smiles as it
particpates in part of "bird" contacts...grin

We need more LEO FM birds.

Robert