Re: Re: Ionosheric heating signal 3.39 MHz

The conspiracy-theory stuff on HAARP is pretty amusing, especially
their confused attempts at technical analysis.

But even more interesting is one of the links to patent number 5038664,
for a "Method for producing a shell of relativistic particles at an altitude
above the earths surface".

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=/netahtml/search-adv.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&p=1&S1=5038664.WKU.&OS=PN/5038664&RS=PN/5038664

Some of the math in the patent description is pretty dubious.  It talks
about producing an energy density of .1 to 1 watt per square cm at
an altitude of 250 km.  To do this with HF, you would need something
like 5 x 10^11 watts, or 500 Gigawatts.  And it says this power
would be maintained for .1 to 1200 seconds!

Also, it talks about using a 1800 to 3600 kHz transmitter to produce
cyclotron resonance, but in the Earth's magnetic field, the cyclotron
frequency for a proton would be on the order of 1.5 kHz, according to
the formulas on the patent description.

Granting a patent for this makes about as much sense as granting a patent
for a time machine or a nuclear-powered flying submarine...

Doug
NA1DB