Re: AO-27/UO-14

Drew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Inherently limited, fundamentally flawed? Yes. Just
>like many people's ability for positive attitudes.

Attitude has nothing to do with it. It never did. Why
are you raising it?

The technical issues are (were?) well understood, and no
amount of bandwagon-jumping will change them. It doesn't
matter how loudly you shout: the issues won't change.

Individual anecdotes, while sometimes interesting
(like the tram-mobile reports from Melbourne) have
the same credence as the "I worked the world with 100 mW
on a piece of wet string!" reports. They cannot be
the basis for AMSAT policy, i.e., spending $$$ on new
satellites.