Re: AO-27/UO-14

> On Tuesday, 20 February 2001, Laura Halliday wrote:
>
> > There is no good way to work
> > FM satellites, since they are a fundamentally flawed
> > concept with inherently limited capabilities.
>
> Well, somebody forgot to tell that to N7SFI Laura.  He's accomplished
> an extraordinary feat in the number if grids worked/confirmed on FM
> sats.

Ask the 22 hams who made a contact with me on one of 3 passes from North
Dakota last weekend. 12 of these were in one pass. Five rare to extremely
rare grids, three states, 13 passes, and 83 contacts. It would not have
happened without an FM satellite that I could work with a single inexpensive
radio  and a 19" mag mount.

Inherently limited, fundamentally flawed? Yes. Just like many people's
ability for positive attitudes.

Drew Glasbrenner
KO4MA