Re: UO-14 on Field Day

On Tuesday, 20 February 2001, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> I think encouraging FD use of the birds is a great idea.  But anyone who
> understands satellites knows that it is a waste of time to try to use an
> FM bird, unless you just like frustration or fighting...

In the FD context, that's correct Bob.  I had a post from an individual
in Alabama who pointed out (and rightly so) that I went into FD without
a Plan "B" or "C".  He was right.  Without much effort, I could have put
together a station to work one of the other satellite alternatives
giving me a huge boost in my success rate.  I didn't do that (and
instead) went out with an Arrow as many others did.  The rest is
history.

We live and learn, right?

73 //Garie *K8KFJ*