Re: FM operations in RS downlink

Actually, in my experience, 10-m FM DX is very rare.  So:

1. It isn't that much of a problem.
2. I'd probably still want to work the rare-DX even if he was in the Sat's
passband, since it is rare to do so.
3. If 10m FM is propagating well, the ionosphere will reflect some, most or
all of the RS-15 signals back into space.  Meaning that when the band is
open, sigs from the sat aren't as good.  A "self-healing" phoenomon, so it
seems.
4. You won't have to worry about this in a couple of years when the sunspot
cycle is low!  :-(

For the record:  I've never worked 10 FM.. so I'm not a 10 FM nut, but it is
a unique mode, and I like different and unique modes!

I'll put on my asbestos suit, and say that in the 21st century HF uplinks
and downlinks on a sat are a bit archaic, except for ionospheric and
atmospheric research..

Fred W0FMS