Re: UO-14 on Field Day

Tim said it well.  Letting big guns work the little guys actually
results in more completed contacts per pass than chaos.  Although I dont
necessarily support the big gun theory, it is a fact of life.

So, in that light, we could maximize it.  Let the big guns develop apriori
a hand-off scheme from one to the other as the pass proceeds across the
USA...  Let the AMSAT coordinators in each region award this honor to
those people who have conributed the most to AMSAT (I dont mean dollars)..

The rule, if you want it for everyone else, is still only 1 point and one
contact per FM bird.  THe Big guns who keep it all in line for the small
guys also only get only one point.  But they keep it organized for the
rest of us... with their multiple contacts.

HAMS as communicators always know that it takes a net control to maximize
traffic throughput on busy nets and situations..  It is interesting
that for satellites this lesson has to be relearned on every pass...

de WB4APR, Bob