Re: UO-14 on Field Day

>From: "Tim Cunningham" <tim_cunningham@mindspring.com>
>To: "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] UO-14 on Field Day
>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:07:23 -0600

Tim.  I like yourconcept of what "bonus" points are...your right those
usually were the hardest to get.

My take on what I would like to see on the FM birds is NO CREDIT for any
contact unless the contact also had the following critiera.

1.  Done on natural power only this to include batteries charged by solar
cells.

2.  Either omni directional antennas or "hand helds"...or hand turned.  (the
secret here is that  I think that would limit power due to the RF exposure
gig).

3.  One contact per orbit.

I agree that the later would really not solve a lot of the problems but 1
and 2 might plus it would be a little more "challenging".  You might even go
so far as to have either a handitalki class or a "one person band" class.

Robert Oler wb5mzo