Re: Fan noise on FT-847 , here's my fix

Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:

> Stan, WA1ECF wrote:
>
> Consider the exhaust fan noise of the new TS-2000.
> Go to HRO and give it a listen..
>
> Wayne, W9AE replies:
>
> One of the first things I did after getting my FT-847 was to put a power
> resistor in series with the rear fan.
'snip!

Hi Wayne , I had thought of that too when I got my '847 , but I felt there was a
reason why the engineers had decided to put the two fans ( one external , one
internal ) on this rig , so I did a little snooping and noticed that the
internal one was running all the time , but during rx at a low speed , then when
tx'ing it ramped up to full speed , so I took the power leads from the external
fan and rerouted them to the same point that the internal fan connects to and
now my rig is nice and quiet unless it is txing , and then I don't really care

Now I need to find a good source of bulkhead sma connectors that are crimp style
, so I can bring the V/U rx inputs out on the rear chassis , that is how I am
going to beat the fried converter syndrome that we have all been talking about ,
but I can't seem to find anyone that has the crimp style sma bulkhead connectors
:^{

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544