Re: Thoughts on Kenwood TS-2000?

John Rice wrote:

> Repeaters are 'co-ordinated' specifically so as not to cause mutual
> interference
> or interference to existing activity. They operate within a recognized
> channel plan
> by widespread mutual consent.
>
> There's absolutely nothing that's going to prevent some die-hard DXer from
> dropping
> his 'Sky Command' toy's 2M output somewhere like 145.8xxx and there will be
> nothing
> anyone can do about it.
>
> This is not at all a good situation.

You must not be an NRA member John , that is a similar arguement that they have
to put up with all the time, "don't blame the gun , blame the gun owner " they
say , so I must say don't blame the radio , blame the radio operator ....
Oh thats right , people aren't responsible for their own actions any more ...

I have had more troubles with uneducated packet/aprs operators trashing the 2
meter and 440 bands and throwing non-protected mobile radios on mountain tops
than most anything else , and funny , you don't see anyone wanting to make that
illegal....

Please don't flame , I just don't agree with your logic  , I for one would wish
that something like sky command could be made "legal" , maybe if they had made
it output on 1.2GHz. , where no-one seems to operate anyway ( I am being
facitious ) .......

I go now and crawl back in my bunker ;^)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544