Re: Thoughts on Kenwood TS-2000?

Yup.  I don't think they are adding a "parallel stage."  They are reusing circuits for all the bands.
Picture the antenna.  They are only using the same antenna to cover VHF, UHF, and 1.2G, because
the bands are nice odd multiples of each other.  (except for the Yaesu VX-5R, which has
a removable top-end loading coil for six)

TomB