Re: Thoughts on Kenwood TS-2000?

At 06:31 2/20/01 -0600, Mike Murphree wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 February 2001 12:40 am, you wrote:
> >
> > It still transmits the HF audio on 2M, which still makes it illegal.
> >
> > John - K9IJ
>
>Why?  I know of a number of linked repeater systems that re-transmit
>10m traffic on 2m?

Repeaters are 'co-ordinated' specifically so as not to cause mutual
interference
or interference to existing activity. They operate within a recognized
channel plan
by widespread mutual consent.

There's absolutely nothing that's going to prevent some die-hard DXer from
dropping
his 'Sky Command' toy's 2M output somewhere like 145.8xxx and there will be
nothing
anyone can do about it.

This is not at all a good situation.

John