Re: Thoughts on Kenwood TS-2000?

If I recall FCC regs correctly, repeaters must be under some kind of
control: either direct or remote.  Remote control is to be >220 MHz.  The
issue seems to be if the 2m audio is considered control traffic.  I leave
it to the "repeater lawyers" to clarify ;-)

Re:  Using your "70cm-2m-6m-HF" rig remotely, why not transvert the 2m
audio to 1.2G?  You were going to get the 1.2G xvtr for satellite
anyway...problem solved!  Oh, I guess you need a 70cm-23cm dual bander for
control, but there are a few made now [usually as tri-band rigs].

Now why Icom, Yaesu, and Kenwood all ignore the 222 MHz band in their new
dc-->light rigs???  Could it be that the commercial divisions of those
companies don't want to see any occupation of those frequencies by
hams...could they have their eyes on them?  Hmm!

Ed