Re: Thoughts on Kenwood TS-2000?

If I recall FCC regs correctly, repeaters must be under some kind of
control: either direct or remote.  Remote control is to be >220 MHz.  The
issue seems to be if the 2m audio is considered control traffic.  I leave
it to the "repeater lawyers" to clarify ;-)

Re:  Using your "70cm-2m-6m-HF" rig remotely, why not transvert the 2m
audio to 1.2G?  You were going to get the 1.2G xvtr for satellite
anyway...problem solved!  Oh, I guess you need a 70cm-23cm dual bander for
control, but there are a few made now [usually as tri-band rigs].

Now why Icom, Yaesu, and Kenwood all ignore the 222 MHz band in their new
dc-->light rigs???  Could it be that the commercial divisions of those
companies don't want to see any occupation of those frequencies by
hams...could they have their eyes on them?  Hmm!