Re: 144 MHz TX inhibit on FT-847

In a message dated 2/19/01 8:18:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
W10191@motorola.com writes:

> "VHF AMP" didn't appear to do anything.  This signal goes to the base of a
> switching transistor in the 144 MHz PA area to control something, but I
never
> could find a condition where this signal was used.  0.0V on RX, 0.0V on TX (
> FM and SSB mode).

As I recall, VHF Amp is for powering a mast mount preamp via coax. Try
switching menu #29. I think you'll see that line power up in RX.

VHF T8 is a good way to go to disable TX on 2M. There is a similar system in
the FT-736R.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649