From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Jon Ogden
Sent: 20 February 2001 04:55
To: K5OE@aol.com
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Thoughts on Kenwood TS-2000?

on 2/19/01 9:50 PM, K5OE@aol.com at K5OE@aol.com wrote:

>>> This is a new system (SC II) that uses 70 MHz for control.  The FCC
>> approved
>>> it.  Just think, you could operate RS-12/13 with a dual-band HT, miles
>> from
>>> home.
>>
>> I didn't realize 70 MHz was a ham band........
>
> OOPS... sorry, 70 cm.
> 73,
> Jerry, K5OE

OK.  So it uses 70cm as one band, what does it use for the second band?  The
problem with the original Sky Command was that while all the commanding was
done on 70cm, the base radio would send audio back to the remote.  The ARRL
saw this as a control link and so did the FCC when Kenwood petitioned them.
What is the second band now for the link back to the handheld/mobile?

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden