Re: Thoughts on Kenwood TS-2000?

on 2/19/01 9:46 PM, Mike Murphree at n4cnw@knology.net wrote:

> I have two semi-lousy HF transceivers and don't really need a top-of-the-line
> unit, but would like a little better than what I have.  I already have a 1.2
> GHz transverter, but it's measly power output will require an amplifier
> anyway.  Given 10W from the Kenwood module, the 7/8" hard line, and
> a relatively short run to the antennas from my new shack/office on the 2nd
> floor of our house, it might just be enough.

It sounds like, from what you have right now, it's a good radio for you.

Again, I would buy one if it made sense for me.  I am happy with the 847
though, so it just doesn't make sense.  For my situation, I don't see the
benefit of the 2000 being worth the extra $$$.  But if like you, I am
wanting to totally upgrade, then it is worth it.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden