AO-27/UO-14

Hello everyone, this is my first post.
I have been watching the mail on this list and see it is the
"advanced class"

I have been working AO27/UO14  using a kenwood
TM-733A.
from the mobile ( at rest) and a duel band antenna.
I only get about 1 Min  at speratic times during the pass
even though I am adjusting for  Doppler effect.

looking for any advise on operating mobile.

also I have noticed people on the passes running LOTS
of power even though they don't need it.
and some people rag chewing like a repeater.