Doppler

Hello All

Thanks to all who responded to my question of calculating
doppler shift. Paul VP9MU responded to the reflector with
the formula for doing just that.

I thought I'd give the results of using the formula with
AO-40 on 2.4 GHz. I crunched the numbers last night for
a descending pass of the satellite today. Using the results
I was able to find a very weak signal with no problem.
Actually the signal was within 1.6 KHz of the calculated
value. As Paul pointed out this value could be up to 10
Khz or more due to drift of the LO but worked out fine
for me. Far better than searching over a 60 KHz band
for a weak signal.

73
Jack W4AD