Re: PCR-1000

I know nothing of the PCR-1000, but...

It really doesn't matter much what the IF receiver sensitivity is...within
reason.  The Drake LNB IF amplifier certainly will put out at least a 1 uv
signal, and more likely in the tens of uvolts!

For example, I have a DEM 1420/144 MHz convertor for radio astronomy, which
I assume is similar to the 2.4G unit, and I get -80 dBm output [as measured
on an IFR service monitor]!  That will almost drive a xtal set ;-)

In fact it over-drives my FT-847 when the conv is preceded by a RAS LNA
[.30 dBNF].  The LNA combined with the DEM provide 67 dB gain...smokin man!
 I have a 30 dB attenuator after the DEM conv to tame things down a bit.
Of course I could remove the MAR-6 IF amp from the DEM unit, but I want the
gain to drive a wideband VHF detector I am making for radio astronomy [I
use either the FT-847 or FT-817 with the RAS/DEM convertor for SETI
narrow-band observations].  BTW my SETI receive sensitivity* at 1420 MHz is
-176 dBm and with the 2.5m dish it becomes -203 dBm!  [*threshold using
FFTDSP-42 with 2 Hz bins]

You should be able to observe at 122 if SSB is available on the PCR-1000 at
that freq.

Ed