Re: 2..4ghz dishes

Bob
I would say this. Stick with a helix for now. Don't buy, build it for now.
It is not that critical, 13 to 16 turns on a 1 1/4" PVC. Connect up the
Drake. See what you hear, hopefully AO-40. If weak, add a $60 2400 pre-amp.
Should be much better. The helix may not be the "final" antenna, but wide
beam width and circular might be a plus. We all have plenty of time.
Don...W6RWN