Re: PCR-1000

> I have a PCR 1000, but I have not used it yet with my downconverter.  I had
> the same idea, to not fry my downconverter.  It also has some buttons and
> whistles to play with.
>
> The advertised specs on the various receivers (@ 144 mhz) are:
>
> PCR-1000 = 0.2uv
> FT-847      = 0.125 uv
> IC-821H    = 0.11 uv
> R-7000      = 0.3uv
> R-7100      = 0.2uv
> R-8500      = 0.32uv
> IC-910H    = 0.11uv
> (less is better)

Are you sure about the R-7000 specs? I haven't checked, but I am pretty sure it is
closer to 1.0uv, and mine is even worse than that.  The 7000 has a pretty bad
reputation for being insensitive, and it is deserved, even though it is a great receiver.
And I would be surprised it the 1000 would be much different, since it is similar in
purpose.

 *Bill Jones  N3JLQ  Sweden Maine                                *
 * wejones@megalink.net                                          *
 * Main home page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones             *
 * WWII/B-17 page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 * TVRO  page       http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 *                TVRO HAM RADIO WWII/B-17 SPACE WX              *