2..4ghz dishes

Hello
To me it sounds like these "meyers" type bbq grill dishes are a more
effective way to go as opposed to a helix.  Is it correct that the 3db
points are at 8 degrees?  I use U100 type az/el rotors and I get about 6
degrees per click.  So my pointing accuracy would be rather critical.
Anyone have any familiarity with this situation, I will be using a drake
converter (thanks Mark).
73...Bob...W7LRD
Renton, Wa.