HD-73 Cabling

I've recently aquired a used Alliance HD-73 rotor without a manual and have
not been able to turn up answers to two questions by searching on the web.

1.  Does the terminal numbering on the controller match the roter?  IE
Connect 1-1, 2-2, ect.

2.  What is the recommended conductor size for a 50 foot run?

Thanks for the help.  Hopefully, I'll have my new 2m & 70cm beams up this
weekend.

73s,
Lee-KU4OS