RE: Preamp bypass circuit

Hello Stan

Stan said...
> Please consider avoiding taking DC power from any radio connector.

What are your concerns taking DC down the coax?

There's only two reasons I could think of _not_ to do it:

o If left on a significant amount of time, the DC could cause
electro-chemical corrosion over time;

o Yet another in-line device to add to the losses.

FWIW I run my 30V unregulated up the mast and have done for a year without
any problems, and upto 2 amps, with two preamps and 10 coax relays.

Interested to know your thoughts.

73 Howard G6LVB