TX inhibit

Jerry, K5OE wrote:

I find it more convenient to simply put my rig in SAT mode B configuration and preclude any transmit on the 2 m port.

Wayne W9AE replies:

Even in SAT mode you will fry the down converter if you forget to switch it out and go to a satellite that has a VHF uplink (FO-29, FO-20, RS-12 ).

Your approach is only "safe" if you NEVER forget to switch out the down converter when you take the radio out of SAT mode B.  Good luck!

Wayne Estes W9AE