Re: Preamp bypass circuit

Jon,
That's "TX INHIBIT" as in "please don't transmit into my shiny new downconverter no matter what button, key, footswitch, etc. I accidentally touch."  As I noted before, I find it more convenient to simply put my rig in SAT mode B configuration and preclude any transmit on the 2 m port.

On the MOX discussion... I also find it of dubious value on a rig with VOX.  My several Yaesu HF rigs all had both functions and it you made the mistake of pushing the MOX button while the rig was turned off, it would never power up.  I spent an hour one day thinking the rig was dead (just took it brand new out of the box), when a call to the factory took 30 seconds for them to suggest what was wrong.  Why didn't they warn you in the manual???
73,
Jerry, K5OE

In a message dated Fri, 16 Feb 2001  7:57:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, Jon Ogden <na9d@mindspring.com> writes:

<< on 2/16/01 6:38 AM, K5OE@aol.com at K5OE@aol.com wrote:

> The TS-2000 has "TX Inhibit" as a menu function, although it is not band
> specific.
> 73,

Yeah, but Jerry, is that "TX Inhibit" as in preventing preamps from blowing
up or "TX Inhibit" as in "I want to keep whoever is messing with my radio
from transmitting."???

73,

Jon
NA9D