Re: Preamp bypass circuit

Doug & Doug,
I used to use that big TRANSMIT button on my IC-820H as pseudo-VOX.  While in SSB full duplex mode I could walk around the shack with my headphones on.  The FT-847 has a similar function (and also lacks VOX).

The TS-2000 has "TX Inhibit" as a menu function, although it is not band specific.
73,
Jerry, K5OE

<na1db@yahoo.com> writes:

<< Even worse is the IC821.  It has a big "transmit" button on
the front panel, right next to the power switch.  It is easy to hit
by accident, and there is no way to disable it (without wire clippers
or a soldering iron).

Doug
NA1DB