Re: Compiling SatTrack

At 07:30 AM 2/16/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>/home/SatTrack-3.1.5/src/sattrack.sattrack.c:3129: warning: return type of
>'main' is not 'int'
>make: *** [/home/SatTrack-3.1.5/obj/sattrack.o] Error 1

The first one is just a warning, so it couldn't have triggered the second one.
Aren't there some more serious error lines reported just above that?

When I tried it under RedHat 7.0 just now, I got errors about TCGETS and
TCSETS being undefined in checkKeyboard().

One solution to that is to add
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
with the other includes in src/sattrack/sattrack.c

I also had to use the following settings in src/Makefile:
X11             = /usr/include/X11
LX11            = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXt -lICE -lSM

If memory serves there's a Y2K problem that needs to be patched, too.
See http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/rob/#SatTrack for instance.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org