Re: Drake progress summery?

Chris Wilkinson <wilkin49@pa.msu.edu> wrote:

>I've been
>following the information with the Drake converter
>(especially the recent traffic about the mods) as much
>as possible, although I've certainly missed some information.
>
>Would someone out there mind sending me a summary about
>the unit's availablilty and cost? I'm pretty sure I would
>like to acquire one, but I'm honestly not even sure where
>to even start looking...

This one's easy to answer: there aren't any.

Every now and then some will come on the market, like the
recent batch at Millicom, the first in a long time. They
got snapped up. Fast. Millicom are now out of stock.

You might want to have a word with the folks at Downeast
Microwave. Or any of the many other suppliers who
can help you get set up on 2.4 GHz - Drake is not, nor
has it ever been, the only game in town.