RE: Preamp bypass circuit

Jon,

I said:

> The DC's only a few tens of mA from memory, so you'd need a buffer
transistor to
> switch your relays - which you probably already have in your RF sniffer.

I lied: it's about 300mA (check the manual for the real figure) I think
which might be enough for your requirements, powering the preamp & the
relays. It's the amplifier control which has current limitations in the 20mA
area.

BTW menus for int/ext preamp control are #29 & #30.

By the way check out http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif/FT-847%20Mods.htm for
separate RX & TX on the 847.

73 Howard G6LVB