Re: Mode-S Antennas

Mmm..I'd disagree that fractions of a mm will make a "huge" difference.  At
10 GHz, you betcha.  But at 2.4, I think you can get away with standard
etching.  You can also take a clad piece of board and just route out little
pads or traces with a dremel tool.  Just make them small enough.  For longer
transmissions lines, a dremel tool rout would be difficult to do though.

I guess that's why they call this "experimentation."  Find out what works!

73,

Jon
NA9D

ps: 10 years ago whoever thought FR-4 PCB material would be used at 2.4 GHz!

on 2/13/01 3:17 PM, Doug at n7bfs@qwest.net wrote:

> Actually for some reason I feel the hardest part for me is actually drafting
> and
> making the PC board , for at 2.4GHz. fractions of 'mm can have major effects
> on
> desired results ..
>
> So my question is , what is everyone out there who is homebrewing this stuff
> doing to get the PC boards masked and etched so that they are actually useable
> at GHz. freq's ?

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA