RE: AO-40 NORAD Keps Set #35

Hi James,

No you are not doing anything wrong, ... its just that email programs can be
too clever for their own good, ... they tend to remove multiple spaces, ...
which in a TLE set can be damaging, ...

... what I do is keep a file of "good" tles, and paste in any new ones I get
from email. Then using a text editor like wordpad (in text mode), I align
the parts of the new tle to match those in the old one.... as long as you
have the everything in line then it can be read by the tracking programs,

I sent the tle in a text only form, .. i.e. no formatting, ... but its
obvious that it didn't go through un-re-formatted, ... the only way to send
in pure form would be as a file attachment, .. but the BB doesn't allow
those for good reason.

So try the above, with practice you'll find that correcting an email tle
only takes about 45 seconds at most! Just make up a template and shift the
characters around!

Cheers
Paul, VP9MU

p.s. the latest kep files are in the latest AO-40 telem zip files in the
telem archive on amsat.org! .... updated daily!