Re: Drake frequencies

Hi Floyd,

The LO in the Drake is 2278 mhz, so if you subtract that from the AO-40
beacon frequency of 2401.3  (plus or minus doppler) you get 123.3 mhz (if
I did the math right).  Several people have used them successfully at
that frequency.  It helps to do the IF and RF mods though.  I did not
convert the LO of my units.  I built another down converter to get the
signal down to 10 meters.  Since I use transverters here for everything
else that was the obvious way for me to go.

Good luck.

73 de Jess - W4MVB