Re: Drake convert , try this

Don DeGregori wrote:

> Looking for a thumbnail lingth of #18 solid copper wire for the filter
> extensions? Try center conductor of RG6U, the coax used for cable TV.
> Don

Another idea that I used was to use a "ciruit pen" which allowed me to draw a
conductive strip extension to the hairpin filters , then when it dried I could
Xacto-knife it to size and watch the changes on the spectrum analyzer/tracking
generator ( the unit I use at work will just barely go up to 2.4GHz. so it is
only so-so ) and make it look real good ...

Ok , so it really wasn't an elegant setup and the final results were not perfect
but it did work , I found it too tempermental to try and solder millimeter
lengths of wire to the already small interdigital filter legs :^{

And no , I am not looking forward to old age ;^}

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544