Drake frequencies

What is the output frequency of the unmodified Drake as related to AO40
downlink frequency?

Why should I modify the drake output frequency to be in the trasmitter
output rage (i.e. 144mhz) ? If drake downlink freqency is outside the
normal transmit range, the radio will protect the converter by not
transmitting out of band. I assume then the uplink signal would be sent
from the 432 side of the same radio or another separate radio via transverter.

Floyd Rodgers KC5QBC
Multi ended candle burning artist in training