Help re. video camera

My wife and I will be going to the USA at the end of this
month to witness the launch and return of STS-102 from the
Cape.
As we are invited guests of NASA we will be viewing the
launch considerably closer than from the public viewing
area.   My question is.... Can someone tell me if the
brightness from the rocket exhaust is likely to damage the
CCD device in a camera.  I was under the impression that
they don't have that problem now. Being brought up in the
days of the vidicon tubes it was a big no-no to point them
at anything bright.   Thanks.
--
                    73 de Tony....VK5ZAI.
 J.A.(Tony) Hutchison.