Re: Mode-S Antennas

on 2/12/01 3:30 PM, Gene Harlan at atvq@hampubs.com wrote:

> Also, they sell Downconverter and mixer IC's that covers the 2.4 GHz range.
> Have not read yet, but I downloaded the PDF spec sheets. Seem to be cheap
> parts if they can be put together to make a new version of the Drake 2880???

You know, this isn't a bad idea.  Perhaps one of us with a Drake should
deadbug a design and publish it so that others could build them.  Certainly,
the circuitry could be done for fairly minimal cost.  I'll admit I have
opened my Drake up yet, but I can't imagine there is that much in there.
With all the knowledge, I would think we all could put our brains together
and reverse engineer a kit.

73,

Jon
NA9D