Re: Re: ICM HC-49/Short Case- Does it or Doesn't it fit inside the 2880 ?

All,

This morning, before I ordered my crystals, I measured the existing
crystal in the Drake 2880 within an inch (mm?) of its life, and
concluded that the HC-49/US holder is the only one that will fit in the
converter case that also has the correct 4.8mm lead spacing.  At 3.6mm
height, it easily fits in the converter case.

While I was placing my order, ICM confirmed that their p/n 540288
specifies the HC-49/US case.

The HC-49/U case has the same lead spacing but, at 13.5mm height, is
much too tall to fit in the converter case.

By the way... I noticed that the stock crystal is not mounted flush with
the board; it's spaced roughly 0.5mm away from the board.  I don't know
whether or not this makes a difference, though.

regards,

Mahlon  - K4OQ