Re: AMSAT-BB-digest V2001 #105

Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:53:34 EST
From: K5OE@aol.com
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Clarification: Mode S Antenna

ac9r@home.com writes:

> PS:  turn your Drive/ RF output control to Minimum, it might just help if
>  you bump the wrong control.  Also, disconnect the mike.

If you have a dual-mode sat rig (726, 736, 847, 820, 821, 919, 790, 2000),
it
is also a good practice to ONLY listen to your downconverter when set up for
mode B.  That way any unintended transmit will go out the 70 cm port, not
the
2 m one.  If you have dual rigs, disconnect both the mic AND the
key/paddles.
73,
Jerry, K5OE

Hi Jerry , I am using for mode S Receiver TS-711. I installed a RECEIVE ANT
only connector, directly connectedto the Rx board.
Othewise no matter what precautions you take, if a mistake is pssible it
will com hi !

   73s Shlomo

AO-16,UO=22,KO-23,KO-25  Amsast U.K member #3406. QTH LOCATOR KM71JV.
Internet address 4x1as@iarc.org, 4x1as@amsat.org
4X1AS. Shlomo Menuhin, 30 Uriel Menuhin,Rehovot,76655, Israel, KM71JV