Re: Mode-S Antennas

Greg is correct.  The WLAN stuff at S-band is generally required to have
"RP" connectors.  You either have the threads backwards or center pins
swapped or what not (what normally is an N female has a male center pin,
etc).

This is supposed to be so that no bozo can go and attach a high gain antenna
to his 2.4 GHz cordless phone or other device.  The connectors are harder to
get.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/11/01 10:28 PM, Steve Rubin at ser@tch.org wrote:

> Really?  All of the ones I use are regular old female N connectors.
>
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 03:00:45PM -0600, Gregory Beat wrote:
>> Steve -
>>
>> These dishes will work, BUT remember that most of the
>> pigtails on these dishes use proprietary N Female or N Male
>> connectors (reversed threads).  The connectors are available, but
>> just another one of those "don't forgets"

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na