Re: D68C status

Let me just say that the D68C crew is doing an outstanding job on HF!  They
are very loud and very easy to work here in the midwest USA.  I even heard
them on 80m yesterday afternoon and would have worked them on 80 had it not
been for some equipment problems I had.

They are doing a great job and I am sure they will be on AO-10 as soon as
they can.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/11/01 4:13 AM, Richard W L Limebear at Richard@g3rwl.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Gang
>
> I realise that some of you are pretty keen to get D68C on AO-10 and I have
> been trying to get status information both from their web page and from
> their main Pilot. I have failed in this but offer the following info I
> collected on the way:
>
> Antenna erection was slowed by torrential rain; HF always was their priority
> and, from what I hear, the HF stuff is in use with big pile-ups. As far as
> AO-10 operation is concerned - I don't know. They didn't show up yet so I'd
> say there has to be a good reason for this (even though we don't know what
> it is).
>
> I did point out to them before departure that the best windows into the US
> were early on, and they changed the erection priority list to suit, so (again)
> I'm sure theres a good reason for the delay. This means that some people who
> had high hopes are going to be disappointed; all I can say is sorry. (I told
> them that next time they should take *me*.)
>
> I have been told that their internet connectivity is much poorer than was
> expected; this is probably why the info (and their web page) is not up to
> date.
>

> 73
> Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
> g3rwl@amsat.org
> FOC # 1188
>
> So many beautiful girls ..... (sob) so little time

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na