D68C status

Gang

I realise that some of you are pretty keen to get D68C on AO-10 and I have
been trying to get status information both from their web page and from
their main Pilot. I have failed in this but offer the following info I
collected on the way:

Antenna erection was slowed by torrential rain; HF always was their priority
and, from what I hear, the HF stuff is in use with big pile-ups. As far as
AO-10 operation is concerned - I don't know. They didn't show up yet so I'd
say there has to be a good reason for this (even though we don't know what
it is).

I did point out to them before departure that the best windows into the US
were early on, and they changed the erection priority list to suit, so (again)
I'm sure theres a good reason for the delay. This means that some people who
had high hopes are going to be disappointed; all I can say is sorry. (I told
them that next time they should take *me*.)

I have been told that their internet connectivity is much poorer than was
expected; this is probably why the info (and their web page) is not up to
date.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org